fungal contamination

Keiper Keipern at esvax.es.dupont.com
Tue Dec 15 16:01:33 EST 1998

Thank you to everyone who responded to my first message regarding
contamination that I am getting on my selection plates following a
vac.infiltration of Arabidopsis!!  I now have several options to explore
to help reduce the contamination.
Has anyone seen fungal contamination on their selection plates that they
could attribute the growth chamber that the plants were grown in?  How
could I combat this?  I am growing my plants in a huge growth chamber
that I would not be able to decontaminate easily.  Others have suggested
to me to wipe down the growth chamber with bleach, but if this is not
feasible, does anyone have any other suggestions?
Thanks again!
Natalie Keiper-Hrynko