synchronized germination in Arabidopsis thaliana seeds

Wolfgang Engelmann Engelmann at uni-tuebingen.de
Fri Jan 9 11:48:07 EST 1998

How do I get well synchronized germination in
Arabidopsis thaliana seeds?
I use 24 to 48 h 4^0 C pretreatment of imbibed
seeds on wet filter paper and
put them afterward in high intensity white or red
light  for minutes to a few hours.
Afterward I have to keep them (for experimental
reasons) in weak white light.
Unfortunately the time of germination is quite
varying. Any suggestions how to
improve it? Treatment with acids? KNO_3? GA?
Thanks for help.

!        Wolfgang Engelmann                                     !
!        Physiologische "Okologie der Pflanzen                  !
!        Institut f"ur Botanik                                  !
!        Universit"at T"ubingen                                 !
!        Auf der Morgenstelle 1                                 !
!        D72076 TUEBINGEN (Germany)                             !
!        Tel 07071-297-6162 (note new number!)                  !
!        privat 07071-68324 (note new number!)                  !
!        Fax 07071-6155                                         !
!        EMail engelmann at uni-tuebingen.de                       !
!        http://bioclox.bot.biologie.uni-tuebingen.de           !