Research Associate Position

Hiromichi Morikawa hmorikaw at sci.hiroshima-u.ac.jp
Sun Jan 11 19:26:29 EST 1998

Research Associate Position for 2 years available from April, 1998 in
Graduate Department of Gene Science, Faculty of Science, Hiroshima
University (located near Hiroshima City, Japan)

In my laboratory, we are now studying th following projects.
a. Production of air-pollutant-philic plants
b. Mechanism of assimilatory reduction of nitrate and nitrogen dioxide  in
    transgenic plants that lack NiR activity
c. Mechanism of dissimilatory reduction of nitrate and nitrogen dioxide in
    transgenic plants
d. Metabolism of nitrogen dioxide in higher plants
e. Cloning genes that are responsible for the metabolism of nitrogen dioxide
    in higher plants
f. Mechanism of the integration of transgenes into genomic DNA in
    plants

Conditions:
PhD holder, trained in molecular biology, plant physiology such as nitrate
metabolism or plant biochemistry, and preferably native English speaker.

Monthly salary will be approximately 250,000 yens depending on his or her
carreer plus two bonuses per year. Oversea travel expenses will be paid.

Contact:
Send cv., list of publications and brief summary of research carreer to
Professor Hiromichi Morikawa,
Graduate Department of Gene Science, Faculty of Science, Hiroshima University

Hiromichi Morikawa
Professor of Molecular Plant Biology
Graduate Department of Gene Science
Faculty of Science, Hiroshima University
Higashi-Hiroshima 739, Japan
Phone +81 824 24 7449, Fax +81 824 24 0749
E-mail hmorikaw at sci.hiroshima-u.ac.jp