Beckman Quick-Seal Tube Sealer

Atsushi Furuno furuno at cornell.edu
Thu Jul 2 15:38:07 EST 1998

Hello,

I have a tube-rack type Beckman Quick-Seal tube heat sealer (catalog#
342429 or 342424) and would like to know its proper use. This heat sealer
is discontinued. Its instruction manual is not available from Beckman and
nobody at their Tech service knows how to use this item. This is how I
used. As soon as the heated probe melted the plastic tip of a tube, I moved
the tube to the next position so that I can dissipate extra heat with a
metal rod. I inserted tubes with spacers to slots of a rotor. After
centrifugation is over, I found a leak and I lost about 5 ml out of total
50 ml solution in a tube.

If you have a copy of the instruction manual or know how to use it, I
appreciate your help very much.

Sincerely,

- Atsushi

Atsushi Furuno