GFP request

matej lexa m-lexa at students.uiuc.edu
Wed Jul 29 14:17:37 EST 1998

Albert Ferrer <aferrer at farmacia.far.ub.es> writes:

>Dear netters,

>I am planning to utilize the green fluorescent protein (GFP) as a marker to
>investigate the ability of a peptide to target a passenger protein to
>Arabidopsis mitochondria or chloroplasts "in vivo" (transgenic suspension
>cell cultures and transgenic plants). That's why I am interested in
>obtaining a plasmid containing a version of the GFP suitable for high
>levels of expression in Arabidopsis.

>Could anyone help me?

Some versions of GFP suitable for Arabidopsis can be ordered online
from the Arabidopsis Stock Center through the Arabidopsis Database
WWW system. I don't have the URL anywhere at hand now, but it might
be genome.stanford.edu or something like that. I am sure you can find the
stock centr (it is in Ohio) or the database through a search engine.

Matej Lexa                  e-mail: m-lexa at uiuc.edu
Dept. Plant Biology         home  : http://www.students.uiuc.edu/~m-lexa/
University of Illinois      fun   : http://net-cities.com/