Faculty positions in Plant Biology

Jeff Dangl dangl at email.unc.edu
Fri Jun 5 02:23:30 EST 1998

The DEPARTMENT of BIOLOGY at THE UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA-CHAPEL HILL
anticipates hiring two new faculty in Plant Biology at the Assistant,
Associate, and/or Full Professor levels.  We seek both junior and senior
individuals using state of the art molecular, biochemical, and/or
cellular approaches to address fundamental questions in plant cellular
and developmental biology.  The appointment at the senior level will be
distinguished by the John N. Couch Professorship and will oversee the
associated endowment.  Candidates for this endowed chair are additionally
expected to be internationally involved in the broader plant science
community, and will play a significant role in advancing the study of
plant sciences at UNC-CH.  Information about the Department of Biology
can be found at http://www.unc.edu/depts/biology  The application details and
anticipated deadline will be announced soon.

The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is in the very livable
Research Triangle area, which is also home to Duke University, N. C. State
University, and a varietyh of Plant Biology oriented Biotechnology
Companies including Novartis and the newly formed Paradigm Genetics. It is
thus a vibrant area for Plant Biology and Life Sciences of all sorts.

Jeff Dangl (dangl at email.unc.edu)
Jason Reed (jreed at email.unc.edu)

will be at the Arabidopsis meeting and

Alan Jones (alan_jones at unc.edu)

will be at the Plant Physiology meeting.

We will be happy to discuss these positions further.

Jeff Dangl
Dept. of Biology
108 Coker Hall CB#3280
University of North Carolina