Postdoctoral Position

Abel, Steffen sabel at ucdavis.edu
Thu Jun 18 10:24:45 EST 1998

POSTDOCTORAL POSITION
University of California, Davis

A postdoctoral position is available to study molecular mechanisms of auxin
action.  We are focusing on the Aux/IAA class of early auxin-inducible genes
in Arabidopsis, which encode short-lived nuclear proteins with properties
reminiscent of transcription factors (Abel et al., 1995, J Mol Biol
251:533-549; Abel & Theologis, 1996, Plant Physiol 111:9-17).  Aux/IAA
proteins interact with Auxin Response Factors (ARFs) and are proposed to
regulate secondary gene expression in response to auxin.  Current research
centers on biochemical aspects of Aux/IAA protein function and its
regulation.  Candidates must have a strong background in protein
biochemistry/molecular biology and should have demonstrated experience with
the analysis of protein-DNA interactions.  The appointment is initially for
two years.  Applications are accepted until the position is filled and will
be reviewed beginning 8/3/98.

Applicants should send a CV, a cover letter describing research experience
and interests, and the names of three references to: Steffen Abel,
University of California, Davis, Department of Vegetable Crops, One Shields
Avenue, Davis, CA 95616. Phone: (530) 752 5549; FAX: (530) 752 9659; email:
sabel at ucdavis.edu.  The University of California is an affirmative
action/equal opportunity employer.

I will attend the Madison Arabidopsis Conference next week and would be
happy to meet with anyone who is interested in this position.

Steffen Abel
Assistant Professor
University of California, Davis