Positions at Cereon Genomics

ROB.LAST at cereon.com ROB.LAST at cereon.com
Tue Jun 23 11:12:09 EST 1998

     Just six months old, Cereon Genomics is the collaborative effort of
     life sciences Giant Monsanto and genomics innovator Millenium
     Pharmaceuticals. Cereon is developing an unparalleled plant genomics
     research facility in Cambridge, Massachusetts and is situated between
     MIT and Harvard.

     We seek focused, motivated, and creative individuals to conduct
     research in gene discovery in plant and microbial genomics with
     agricultural applications. We are building a highly integrated
     research organization with tremendous opportunities for accomplishment
     and professional growth.

     Scientist Positions in Plant and Microbial Genomics Discovery
     We are seeking participants in functional genomics, and physical
     genomics for Arabidopsis, crop plants, and agriculturally relevant
     microorganisms. A Ph.D. and at least 2-3 years of successful
     postdoctoral training in genetics, microbiology, biochemistry, plant
     biology or a related field is preferred. Special consideration will be
     given to applicants with strong training in more than one of these
     areas. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and the
     ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary research team are
     essential.

     Research Associate Positions in Plant Functional Genomics
     We are seeking outstanding Research Associates in Plant Genomics.
     Candidates should have an MS or BS and preferably 2+ years of
     experience, though we encourage highly motivated recent graduates to
     apply. Experience in genetic mapping, mutant analysis, molecular
     biology, biochemistry, or natural products analysis is required. You
     will work with scientists in discovery genetics, physical genomics,
     and bioinformatics. Working knowledge of molecular biology techniques
     and familiarity with the use of computers in biology is essential. A
     background in genetic analysis is desirable.

     As a collaboration between Monsanto and Millenium Pharmaceuticals,
     Cereon provides an unusually stimulating environment. We offer
     excellent compensation and a strong  benefits package. A resume,
     including list of three references, should be sent to: Staffing
     Manager, Cereon Genomics, One Kendall Square, Building 300, Cambridge,
     MA 02139, Fax: 607-272-0697. Applications will be considered until the
     positions are filled. Cereon Genomics is an equal opportunity
     employer.