botanical terms

Rebecca Mills rebecca at beccas.demon.co.uk
Wed Jun 24 14:55:52 EST 1998

In article <PSzNdGAEzsj1EwVR at demon.co.uk>, Rebecca Mills
<rebecca at beccas.demon.co.uk> writes
>Hi, can anyone tell me the correct botanical name for that part of
>Arabidopsis which includes the flowering stem plus the flowers plus the
>cauline leaves?
>Cheers
>--
>Rebecca Mills

I've had a few replies, and 'inflorescence' is top of the list, but I
thought that the cauline leaves would not be included in the
inflorescence. (Inflorescence: flowering branch or portion of the shoot
above the last stem leaves; Chambers dictionary) -But (and thanks for
the suggestion) I have yet to check Esau! Other suggestions were 'bolt';
-that's what I call it but I don't think it is botanically correct, also
raceme or rachis, but again these refer to types of or parts of the
inflorescence.
Any further suggestions welcome!
--
Rebecca Mills