botanical terms

Rebecca Mills rebecca at
Wed Jun 24 14:55:52 EST 1998

In article <PSzNdGAEzsj1EwVR at>, Rebecca Mills
<rebecca at> writes
>Hi, can anyone tell me the correct botanical name for that part of
>Arabidopsis which includes the flowering stem plus the flowers plus the
>cauline leaves?
>Rebecca Mills
I've had a few replies, and 'inflorescence' is top of the list, but I
thought that the cauline leaves would not be included in the
inflorescence. (Inflorescence: flowering branch or portion of the shoot
above the last stem leaves; Chambers dictionary) -But (and thanks for
the suggestion) I have yet to check Esau! Other suggestions were 'bolt';
-that's what I call it but I don't think it is botanically correct, also
raceme or rachis, but again these refer to types of or parts of the
Any further suggestions welcome!
Rebecca Mills

More information about the Arab-gen mailing list