Particle Bombardment

Hirokazu KOBAYASHI hirokazu at u-shizuoka-ken.ac.jp
Sun Mar 15 20:09:25 EST 1998

At 3:14 PM +0000 98.3.11, rsimon at novell.biolan.uni-koeln.de wrote:
>we just bought a BioRad Helium gun and could do with some technical tips
>from experienced users. What particle size (gold or tungsten?) and pressure
>discs are recommended for (successfull) bombardment of onion cells or
>Arabidopsis leaves?

For some parameters for onion cells and Arabidopsis and tobacco leaves for
transit expression, refer to our papers:

J. Sheen, S. Hwang, Y. Niwa, H. Kobayashi, and D. W. Galbraith:  Green
fluorescent protein as new vital marker in plant cells.  Plant J., 8,
777-784, 1995.

W. Chiu, Y. Niwa, W. Zeng, T. Hirano, H. Kobayashi, and J. Sheen:
Engineered GFP as a vital reporter in plants.  Curr. Biol., 6, 325-330,
1996.

K. Isono, M. Shimizu, K. Yoshimoto, Y. Niwa, K. Satoh, A. Yokota, and H.
Kobayashi:  Leaf specifically expressed genes for polypeptides destined for
chloroplasts with domains of sigma-70 factors of bacterial RNA polymerases
in Arabidopsis thaliana.  Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA, 94, 14948 14953, 1997.

Hirokazu Kobayashi
Laboratory of Plant Cell Technology
Graduate School of Nutritional and Environmental Sciences
UNIVERSITY OF SHIZUOKA
52-1 Yada, Shizuoka 422-8526, JAPAN
e-mail: hirokazu at u-shizuoka-ken.ac.jp
phone: +81(Japan)-54-264-5582