complete BAC map now available

Thomas Altmann altmann at mpimp-golm.mpg.de
Sun Nov 1 18:06:21 EST 1998

Dear colleagues,

I am pleased to inform you that we have recently finished the establishment
of a physical map based (mainly) on IGF-BACs that covers the entire
Arabidopsis genome. Thus, 8015 IGF-BACs are grouped into 28 contigs, 25 of
which were assigned to chromosomal locations.

The contig information is now available on our www site:

http://www.mpimp-golm.mpg.de/101/bac.html

Currently, 6 Excel 4.0 tables (one for each chromosome and the sixth for
the three non-anchored contigs) are available for downloading. A display of
the contigs on the site will be added soon.

Please note that this map is based on our own data produced through an
extensive hybridization approach, but includes also substantial information
made available by various other colleagues (acknowledged on the www site).

I hope you find this information useful.

Please let me know any problems you may encounter.

With best wishes,

Thomas

Dr. Thomas Altmann
Max-Planck-Institut fuer molekulare Pflanzenphysiologie
Karl-Liebknecht-Strasse 25, Haus 20
14476 Golm
Germany

phone: ++49-331-9772780