mRNA isolation

Adrian Clarke adrian.clarke at plantphys.umu.se
Wed Nov 11 12:08:32 EST 1998

We are currently searching for kits to isolate mRNA for different
tissues of Arabidopsis (i.e., leaves, roots, stems, etc). Ideally we
would like a method which rapidly extracts intact mRNA from such
tissues, since some of the transcripts we are interested in have so far
been difficult to detect by northerns since they are long and not so
abundant. Since there are many kits and protocols available from
different companies, we would very much appreciate hearing from others
about their experience (and hopefully success) with some of these kits.

Adrian Clarke

--

Dr. Adrian K. Clarke
Associate Professor