POST-DOCTORAL POSITION

jkieber at uic.edu jkieber at uic.edu
Fri Nov 13 15:16:22 EST 1998

POST-DOCTORAL POSITION
Dr. Joe Kieber
Laboratory for Molecular Biology
University of Illinois at Chicago
Molecular genetic analysis of ethylene analysis of ethylene action in
Arabidopsis

Dear Colleagues,

This is an announcement of POST-DOCTORAL POSITION to work on molecular
genetic studies of cytokinin signaling in Arabidopsis in the laboratory of
Dr. Joe Kieber.

The position is available immediatly and is funded for at least two years.

Our current efforts center the analysis of cytokinin signaling mutants
isolated using a simple seedling screen (see: Vogel et al., 1998, Genetics
149, 417-427 and Vogel et al., 1998 Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 95,
4766-4771). A second, related project focuses on an in depth analysis of a
small family of cytokinin primary response genes that we identified that
have homology to bacterial two-component response regulators (see:
Brandstatter and Kieber, 1998, Plant Cell, 10, 1009-1020).

See also: http://www.uic.edu/depts/bios/lmb/lmb_faculty/Kieber/Kieber.html

A strong background in molecular biology and/or biochemistry is preferred.
Applicants should send to a curriculum vitae, a description of previous
research experience and names and addresses of three possible referees. For
more details, contact me by email  (jkieber at uic.edu) or at the number
listed below.

Joe Kieber
University of Illinois at Chicago
Laboratory for Molecular Biology (M/C 567)
Department of Biological Sciences
Molecular Biology Research Building
900 South Ashland Ave.
Chicago, IL 60607