purification of BAC fragment

Jyoti Kapila jykap at gengenp.rug.ac.be
Mon Nov 16 16:41:16 EST 1998

Hi everyone,

I need to purify the large DNA fragment of about 150kb from the BAC
clone of Arabidopsis and to clone it into another vector, can someone
help in providing me with the protocol to purify it from gel for e.g. or
has some better idea.  The problem is the vector in which BAC is
presently cloned is also Kanamycine resistant and the vector in which I
want to introduce is also KAN resistant.  Both cannot be changed hence
the problem.
thanks
Jyoti
Jyoti Kapila
DEPARTMENT OF GENETICS                         Fax:32 (0)9 2645349
UNIVERSITY OF GENT, K. L. Ledeganckstraat 35, B-9000 Gent, Belgium
Vlaams Instituut voor Biotechnologie                           VIB
mailto:jykap at gengenp.rug.ac.be    	   http://spider.rug.ac.be