Protoplastation - Cellulase Onozuka R-10

Markus Klein markus.klein at bota.unine.ch
Wed Nov 25 11:53:25 EST 1998

Hi Jens,

for most of the protoplast experiments (however, mainly using barley and
rye leaves) we do here, we use a combination of enzymes supplied by
Seishin Co. in Japan. You should try the cellulase YC at a concentration
of about 0.3 % and the pectolyase Y23 at about 0.03 % (w/v). Both
enzymes are more expensive compared to the Serva prices, however, we do
not have to adjust new conditions when a new lot is used in most of the
cases.

Have fun, Markus