Two Plant Faculty Positions

Jeff Dangl dangl at email.unc.edu
Tue Sep 8 15:47:11 EST 1998

Hi all--

I just wanted to post this again as I have heard that several people may
not have received it the first time around last month.  Note the October 1
deadline. These ads also appeared in Science and NAture recently.

Please do not apply by email, but by the more traditional route. Thanks.

Jeff

PLANT BIOLOGY

The DEPARTMENT OF BIOLOGY at the UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA-CHAPEL HILL
seeks outstanding candidates for a tenure track position at the ASSISTANT
PROFESSOR level to join an interactive plant biology group. This individual
will use state of the art genetic, molecular, biochemical and/or cellular
approaches to address fundamental questions in plant cellular and/or
developmental biology. Candidates must have a Ph.D. and significant
successful postdoctoral experience. Applications should include a CV, a
concise description of current and future research interests, and a
statement of teaching philosophy. Applicants should provide these items,
and arrange for four letters of recommendation, to be sent to the Chair,
Plant Biology Search Committee.

ENDOWED CHAIR IN PLANT BIOLOGY

The DEPARTMENT OF BIOLOGY at the UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA-CHAPEL HILL
seeks a visionary senior scientist for the John N. Couch Professorship
within an interactive plant biology group. This individual will use state
of the art genetic, molecular, biochemical and/or cellular approaches to
address fundamental questions in plant cellular and/or developmental
biology as demonstrated by a strong, ongoing, externally funded research
program. Candidates for this endowed chair are expected to be leaders in
the international plant science community and to take a leadership role in
advancing plant biology at UNC-CH. Applicants should provide a CV, names
and addresses of four references, a concise description of current and
future research interests, and a statement of teaching philosophy to the
Chair, Couch Professor Search Committee.

ADDRESS FOR BOTH POSITIONS
Dept. of Biology, CB#3280
Chapel Hill, N. C. 27599-3280

We will begin reviewing applications for both October 1. The University of
North Carolina is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer and
strongly encourages applications from women and minorities.

Please do not send applications directly to me. I, or Jason Reed or Alan
Jones will be happy to discuss these positions in detail with those
interested.

All the best,

Jeff

Jeff Dangl