CLARIFICATION--Salk Faculty Position

Detlef Weigel weigel at salk.edu
Wed Sep 23 16:43:02 EST 1998

Dear Colleagues:

The following advertisement for a faculty position was recently
published in several journals. We would like to emphasize that the
position is wide open, and that any rumors that we are specifically
looking for a senior person in the plant-pathogen area (i.e., a specific
replacement of Chris Lamb) are false. Quality of science is paramount at
the Salk Institute, and the faculty will vote for whoever does the most
exciting science.

PLANT BIOLOGY AT THE SALK INSTITUTE

The Salk Institute for Biological Studies invites applications for a
faculty position in Plant Biology. Candidates must have an outstanding
record of research achievement. The successful candidate is expected to
develop a strong research program in the general area of modern plant
biology. While the position is open to candidates at all levels, we
particularly encourage applications at the Assistant Professor level, as
well as applications in the general areas of cell biology and
plant-pathogen interactions. Qualified candidates should send a
curriculum vitae, a short statement of research interests and scientific
goals, reprints of key publications, and the names and addresses of
three individuals who have been asked to submit letters of
recommendation to:

Joanne Chory and Detlef Weigel
Plant Biology Search Committee
Plant Biology Laboratory
The Salk Institute for Biological Studies
10010 N. Torrey Pines Rd.
La Jolla, CA 92037

The Salk Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer.

http://www.salk.edu