Ph.D position available immediately in Jena

Jörg Meurer b7mejo at rz.uni-jena.de
Mon Sep 28 10:24:28 EST 1998

Jena, Germany

A PhD position (BATIIA-O/2) is available in Jena starting October 1998. The
successful candidate will join a group working on the regulation of
chloroplast development. We have recently started to identify and to
characterise a number of mutants in Arabidopsis thaliana which are involved
in different steps of chloroplast biogenesis  (Planta 1996 198:385-396;
Plant Cell 1996 8: 1193-1207; EMBO J. 1998 17: 5286-5297).

We are seeking motivated PhD students with basic experiences in plant
genetics and/or molecular biology. The program combines genetic and
physiological approaches in order to characterize
these mutants in more detail and to isolate the corresponding genes. The
project could involve methods related to Southern and Northern analysis,
PCR-techniques, library screening, DNA sequencing, plant transformation and
genetic analysis.

Interested candidates should submit their CV including a list of two
references to Dr. Joerg Meurer or to Prof. Ralf Oelmuelller (Institut für
Allgemeine Botanik, Lehrstuhl fuer Pflanzenphysiologie, Dornburger Str.
159, 07743 Jena, Germany; email: b7mejo at uni-jena.de).