NSF funding

Rod Savidge savidge at unb.ca
Mon Sep 28 20:16:21 EST 1998

Last week I asked if anyone knew how much funding has been allocated to the
Arabidopis project.  Thanks to some kind advice, I was able to go into

http://www.nsf.gov/verity/srchawd.htm

and search "Arabidopsis" for NSF awards.  It came up with 445 awards since
1989 (some active until 2002), and a quick run through of the 554 pages and
445 abstracts yielded US$133 364 000.  I expect there is at least a 1%
error in this estimate, and it does not include the recently announced 1999
Plant Genome Research Project awards.    I'd be interested to know if
anyone thinks $133 million is grossly inaccurate.

The level of Arabidopsis funding is certainly an indication of what can be
accomplished when folks agree to pull together!
   Rod Savidge, PhD, Professor       |         E-mail: savidge at unb.ca
   Faculty of Forestry and          \|/
   Environmental Management       \  |  /     Phone:  (506) 453-4919
   University of New Brunswick    _\/|\/_
   Fredericton, NB CANADA           \|/        Fax:    (506) 453-3538
   E3B 6C2                           |