POSTDOCTORAL POSITION

jkieber at uic.edu jkieber at uic.edu
Tue Apr 6 14:17:30 EST 1999

POSTDOCTORAL POSITION
Department of Biology
Molecular genetic analysis of cytokinin action in Arabidopsis

This is an announcement of two POST-DOCTORAL POSITIONs to work on molecular
genetic studies of cytokinin signaling in Arabidopsis in the lab of Dr.
Joseph Kieber at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.

Our current efforts center the analysis of cytokinin signaling mutants
isolated using a simple seedling screen (see: Vogel et al., 1998, Genetics
149, 417-427 and Vogel et al., 1998 Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 95,
4766-4771). A second, related project focuses on an in depth analysis of a
small family of cytokinin primary response genes that we identified that
have homology to bacterial two-component response regulators (see:
Brandstatter and Kieber, 1998, Plant Cell, 10, 1009-1020). A position is
also available to study the post-transcriptional reguation of ACC synthase
in Arabidopsis (see Woeste et al., 1998 Plant Physiol. 119 521-529).
Candidates should have a strong background in biochemistry, genetics and/or
molecular biology.  The appointment is initially for two years and
preference will be given to candidates with the potential to obtain
independent funding.

Applicants should send a CV, a cover letter describing research experience
and interests, and the names of three references to:

Joe Kieber
University of Illinois at Chicago
Laboratory for Molecular Biology (M/C 567)
Department of Biological Sciences
Molecular Biology Research Building
900 South Ashland Ave.
Chicago, IL 60607
Phone: (312) 996-5655
FAX: (312) 413-2691
http://www.uic.edu/depts/bios/lmb/lmb_faculty/Kieber/Kieber.html

Note: This is our current address, the lab will be moving to Chapel Hill
July 1999.  Feel free to call for additional details.

The University of North Carolina is an affirmative action/equal opportunity
employer.