nT204, markers on top of chromosome 3

Charles Logsdon clogsdon at indiana.edu
Wed Dec 1 17:43:11 EST 1999

Hey all,

I'm looking to narrow down the position of an SSLP marker on Chromosome
#3.  The marker is called nT204, and its position is decribed as
"Between nga172 and m583".  It is a sweet marker, giving a big
polymorphism between col and ler, so I'd like to use it in some
fine-mapping in the region.  Blasting with the primers hasn't yielded
anything useful yet.  Does anyone have a better fix on this marker?

There's a TIGR clone way down chromosome 3 (way south of nga162) called
T204.  Could the reported map site be fouled up?

The region that I'm in (between RPM1 and m583) is pretty bare of good
markers for col and ler polymorphisms.  There is some sequence
information in there, and I've tested a few microsatellites in the
region for size polymorpisms but have come up bust.  If anybody knows of
a reliable CAPS or SSLP marker at 12-15 cM on chromosome 3, please drop
me a line.

Thanks,

Charles