protein-tag summary

Nicolas Baumberger nbaumber at botinst.unizh.ch
Fri Dec 3 11:36:39 EST 1999

I posted some time ago a message asking what kind of protein tags had
been used in Arabidopsis.
I received quite a number of answers and many requests to communicate
these informations. Here is thus a summary of what I received:
The most frequently used tag appears to be the HA tag (5 on 8 answers),
either as a single copy or as 2x or 3x HA (Kovtun et al. 1998, Nature
395. 716-720). People seems to have had good results both with western
and immunolocalization, although it was not always clearly specified for
which application they were used. Someone mentioned that single HA tag
(C term or N term) didn't affect the protein function because it could
rescue mutants.
6xHis was successfully used, T7 tag, Novagen, also (western or immuno ?)
and FLAG was used for immunoprecipitation.
I hope that this helps and thanks  to all who answered to my question.

--
Nicolas Baumberger
Institute of Plant Biology, University of Zürich
Email: nbaumber at botinst.unizh.ch