A call for TAIR user-focus group

Margarita Garcia-Hernandez garcia at acoma.Stanford.EDU
Tue Dec 7 11:39:49 EST 1999

Dear Colleague:

The goal of The Arabidopsis Information Resource (TAIR) is to become a
central repository for Arabidopsis data. We are currently developing a new
database that will host sequence and map information within the
next few months, and eventually will grow to include other kinds of
data, such as expression data and information extracted from the
literature.

To make sure that our work is most useful, usable, and user-friendly to
the community, we would like to invite you to become a part of our
user-focus group.

As a member of the user-focus group, you will have access to web pages,
the database, and tools that are under development, and will test these
beta versions along with the curators at Carnegie. You will have a
significant input into how the projects at TAIR will shape up.  We would
like to include people with a variety of interests and positions,
including graduate students, postdocs, and research assistants/associates.
Extensive familiarity with the use of databases is not a requirement.

The user-focus group is voluntary and is non-paid.

If you are interested in becoming a member of our user focus group,
please reply to curator at arabidopsis.org at your earliest convenience with
the following information:

	name:
	job:
	title:
	institution:
	area of research:
	computer operating system:
	web browser name and version:

All the best,

Curators at Carnegie

Please note that the AtDB project has been replaced by TAIR
(The Arabidopsis Information Resource) and will go offline soon.
Please update your AtDB bookmarks to TAIR (www.arabidopsis.org)
at your earliest convinience.