Post Doc position

Jaakko Kangasjärvi kangasja at Operoni.helsinki.fi
Tue Dec 7 11:40:11 EST 1999

Post Doc / Graduate Student Position Open in a group studying
oxidative stress in plants.

in University of Helsinki, Finland
Viikki Biocenter

We are looking for a post doc or a graduate student to work with an
oxidative stress-sensitive Arabidopsis mutant rcd1 (radical-induced
cell death). We have isolated oxidative stress (ozone) sensitive
Arabidopsis mutants. In one of them, rcd1 (radical-induced cell
death), lesion formation is triggered by superoxide and ozone (which
degrades to superoxide in the cell wall).

Ozone and superoxide both induce an active superoxide accumulation in
the rcd1 mutant. This oxidative burst drives lesion formation.
Ethylene synthesis is also induced rapidly in this mutant and both
ethylene synthesis and functional perception and signaling are
required for superoxide accumulation and subsequent cell death.

We need a post doc (or a graduate student) to study the interaction of
ethylene, jasmonic acid and superoxide in lesion formation. The
project is already ongoing, the post doc who has been working in this
project is moving to another position.

Please see our web pages for more information about the group, project
and the Viikki Biocenter.

http://www.biocenter.helsinki.fi/bi/koivu/

Please do not hesitate to contact me for further information. Sent
your applications to me (by mail or email) by the end of January.
Include our CV, list of publications and names (and their contact
information) of two reference persons.

Dr Jaakko Kangasjärvi
Institute of Biotechnology
University of Helsinki
POB 56 (Viikinkaari 5 D)
FIN-00014 Helsinki, Finland
Jaakko Kangasjärvi, Institute of Biotechnology,
University of Helsinki. phone: + 358 9 191 59 080;
fax: + 358 9 191 59 079; mobile phone + 358 40 720 8995
email.  jaakko.kangasjarvi at helsinki.fi.
www.biocenter.helsinki.fi/BI/koivu