New T-DNA lines from ABRC

Randy Scholl scholl.1 at osu.edu
Thu Dec 9 11:48:11 EST 1999

NEW T-DNA TRANSFORMED LINES FROM J. ALONSO, W. CROSBY AND J. ECKER NOW
AVAILABLE FROM ABRC

ABRC is currently receiving T-DNA insertion lines produced by Jose Alonso,
William Crosby and Joe Ecker.  Of the 30,000 lines so far received from
this collection, 10,000 are now available as seed pools.  The newly
released lines can be obtained as pools of 100 or pools of 10.  The stock
numbers and associated fees are:

CS76502 - set of 100 pools, 100 lines per pool - Cost: $100
CS76501 - set of 1000 pools, 10 lines per pool - Cost: $1200*

The parental line (CS60000) is included with these stocks.
*Note - shipment of the pools of 10 will begin after January 1.

These T-DNA lines were generated by vacuum infiltration of Columbia (Col)
plants with Agrobacterium tumefaciens. The vector employed was pROK2
(Baulcombe et al., 1986, Nature 321:446). The map and partial sequence of
the vector are linked to the stock descriptions in AIMS
(http://aims.cse.msu.edu/aims/).  Each T1 transformant was grown
individually, and equal quantities of T2 seeds combined to create pools of
10 lines. These pools of seeds were grown at ABRC to generate the T3 seed
pools, which are the distributed stocks.

We are pleased to be able to make these valuable stocks available.  It is
anticipated that this material will be very useful to those wishing to
conduct phenotypic screenings since we noticed numbers of plants having
visible phenotypic alterations in our reproduction populations.  You may
order these stocks by proceeding to the "Place Order" section of the AIMS
database (http://aims.cse.msu.edu/aims/), logging in and entering the
appropriate stock number in the order window.