plasma membrane antibodies

Dawn Paxson Sowders paxsond at muohio.edu
Wed Dec 15 21:30:44 EST 1999

Netters,

I am trying a quick isolation of total proteins from Arabidopsis and trying
to detect my protein of interest in a western blot.  I think that my
protein is membrane bound and I am worried that I am not extracting it in
my total preps.  Does anyone have an antibody to a plasma membrane/cell
wall protein that I could use as a positive control?  And out of
curiousity, how do you isolate your plasma membrane/cell wall proteins in a
quick, reproducible fashion?  Thanks in advance.

Dawn

Dawn Paxson Sowders
Miami University
Hughes Hall