Postdoc/Technician Position opening

Donald Cheney dcheney at lynx.dac.neu.edu
Wed Dec 22 23:39:21 EST 1999

                ******************************

	          Full-Time Position Opening for
                      Postdoc or Techician
		               in
	             Plant Molecular Biology

What: 	This is a revision of a previously advertised position.
	The position is for a person with training in molecular
	biology, either at the Masters of Science or PhD level.
	Preference will be given to individuals with a PhD and
	experience in plant molecular biology. Experience with
	Southern hyridization, gene cloning, and PCR are required.
	The research project you will be working on involves
	further development and applications of a genetic
	transformation system for a commercially valuable seaweed.

Where: 	At the Marine Science Center of Northeastern University,
	Nahant, MA. The Marine Science Center is located on the
	ocean in the small town of Nahant, approximately 10 miles
	north of Boston. Yes, we have our own beach!

Details: The position is funded by a NSF grant and can be either
	part-time or full-time. The salary level will depend upon
	experience. The position has an immediate opening.

Contact: Interested parties should send a brief (2-3 page max) CV
	to:

	Dr. Donald P. Cheney
	Seaweed Biotechnology Laboratory
	Marine Science Center