BLAST & PatMatch at AtDB

Mike Cherry cherry at genome.stanford.edu
Fri Jul 23 11:23:31 EST 1999

Hey,

PatMatch is working again with all datasets at AtDB.  We had what
turned out to be a minor problem adjusting to some new software.

I have put together a new BLAST form.  The software that provides the
form and the queuing of the BLAST search was completely rewritten.  My
original code was four years old and the tools available for the Web
have changed so much since then.  This new software should be much
easier to support.  However, the old form has done us well and has
been used for 326,152 searches of Arabidopsis sequences at AtDB since
May 1, 1996.

The new form allows the BLAST output, or a URL to the output, to be
returned by email.  You can now upload a file from your computer and
avoid pasting.

At this point the new form needs testing.  The old form will remain
available until the testing is complete.  I would be grateful for any
use of the new form, and particularly the report of problems or
suggestions.  If you observe a problem please let me know the nature
of the problem, the type of computer you are using, whether you use
Netscape or MSIE, and the version of the browser.

The new form is at:

   http://genome-www2.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/AtDB/nph-blast2atdbnew

Thanks,
Mike

J. Michael Cherry, Ph.D.         Internet: cherry at genome.stanford.edu
Department of Genetics           Stanford University School of Medicine
Medical Center, Room M341        Stanford, California  94305-5120
Voice:    650-723-7541           FAX: 650-723-7016