pollen tube culture (plain text version)

Benedikt Kost benedikt at ima.org.sg
Tue May 4 10:42:36 EST 1999

We are trying to grow "Landsberg erecta" pollen in vitro.

Not an easy task ("Columbia" pollen seems to work better!)!

Results we get are inconsistent between different experiment: Looks like it
is important to start with the "right" kind of pollen, we just don't know
yet how we can identify this type of pollen (tried to this based on the
developmental stage of the flower, but failed).

We would greatly appreciate any tips/comments!

Thanks a lot!

Benedikt

Dr. Benedikt Kost
Lab of Plant Cell Biology