Postdoc position

Tony Schaeffner schaeffner at gsf.de
Mon May 17 14:57:47 EST 1999

Dear Arabinetters,

please find below our ad concerning a postdoc position at the GSF Research
Center Neuherberg close to Munich, Germany.
Since we want to fill the position as soon as possible please respond via
email at your earliest convenience with a brief statement of your current
research and future interests. I will get back to you and ask for some more
detailed and written application.

Best regards,

Tony Schaeffner

Institute of Biochemical Plant Pathology
GSF Research Center for Environment and Health
D-85764 Neuherberg
Germany

The GSF is a National Research Center encompassing 1.600 employees. In an
interdisciplinary approach research is focused on activities related to the
protection of man and his environment. Supported by the Governments of the
Federal Republic of Germany an the State of Bavaria the GSF is a member of
the Hermann von Helmholtz Association of National Research Centers.

We look for a
    		 molecular biologist/ biochemist

to work on a project on functional genomics of complex plant gene families
at our newly established Genome Analysis Center (GAC). We want to focus on
glycosyltransferases from A. thaliana that may catalyze a huge number of
conjugation reactions of endogenous or exogenous compounds. However, their
physiological role, evolutionary relationship and redundancy is mostly
unknown.
The expression of individual members will be systematically examined using
gene-specific DNA targets on microarrays to gain information about their
local, developmental, inducible and genotype-dependent patterns. In
parallel, a thorough search for insertion mutants will be performed in
order to knock-out individual members of the gene family. Mutant lines as
well as recombinantly expressed enzymes will be phenotypically and
biochemically characterized in collaboration with colleagues at our
institute.

The position requires a broad knowledge and experience in molecular
biology. Preferably, but not exclusively, these skills were obtained in a
plant molecular biology background. In addition, basic knowledge of HPLC
will be helpful for the project.
If you wish to work in an ambitious team of about 10-15 colleagues, please
send your c.v. and the names of two references to the address listed below.

The three-years position is open immediately until filled; salary is
according to German BAT IIa.

Please, send your application to:
Dr. Tony Schaeffner, Institute of Biochemical Plant Pathology, GSF Research
Center, D-85764 Neuherberg/ Muenchen, Germany

Email  schaeffner at gsf.de, phone +49 89 3187 2930

Dr. Tony Schaeffner
Institute of Biochemical Plant Pathology
GSF Research Center, Blg. 57
D-85764 Neuherberg/ Muenchen
Germany
phone  +49 89 3187 - 2930 or - 2373