Fast Neutron Irradiation

Matthew Metz mmetz at nature.berkeley.edu
Thu May 20 21:41:39 EST 1999

Arabidopsis Folk-
	As you know, Fast Neutron irradiation has been a popular mutagen
due to the prevalence of deletions and genomic rearrangements found in
mutant alleles from this treatment.  I have received word from the IAEA
(below) that they will no longer be able to provide this treatment.  I am
concerned about the future prospects of using Fast Neutron irradiation as
a mutagen.  Does any one know of alternative providers of this service, or
if not what can be done to prevent the loss of this asset?

Matt Metz
241 Koshland Hall
UC Berkeley
Berkeley, CA 94720