The Arabidopsis Information Resource

Sue Rhee rhee at acoma.Stanford.EDU
Thu Nov 4 13:01:54 EST 1999

Dear Arabidopsis researchers,

We are pleased to announce that the Arabidopsis Information Resource
(TAIR) has a website at:

		www.arabidopsis.org

You will notice that the web site is very familiar. We are hosting all the
display and sequence analysis programs, search tools, and static Web pages
from AtDB. We would like users of AtDB to still be able to use the
services that were provided by AtDB, while we are developing the new
database, interfaces, and tools. We are still linking to Stanford's AtDB
database until the new database is set up at TAIR. We are grateful to Dr.
Mike Cherry for providing the software and web pages, as well as keeping
AtDB's database alive until TAIR's is established.

There are a few things we did change, including BLAST and
FASTA. TAIR's BLAST uses NCBI BLAST, as opposed to WU BLAST from
AtDB. TAIR's BLAST is no longer restricted for input size for TBLASTN,
and has the same datasets as AtDB's BLAST and AtDB's summary graphic.
TAIR's FASTA uses NCBI's FASTA3, FASTX3, and TFASTX3.

Although we did our best to test these programs and links, there still
may be a few glitches that need to be smoothed out. Please contact us
if you see any problems or bugs at:

	curator at arabidopsis.org

Finally, we are grateful to members of our user focus group for their
excellent input.

All our best,
The Arabidopsis Information Resource
(Devaki Bhaya, Kimberly Bodelson, Allan Dickerman, Margarita
Garcia-Hernandez, Eva Huala, Wen Huang, Don Kiphart, Sue Rhee, Bruno
Sobral, and Chris Somerville)

Sue Rhee                         	rhee at acoma.stanford.edu
The Arabidopsis Information Resource	FAX: +1-650-325-6857
Carnegie Institution of Washington	Tel: +1-650-325-1521 ext. 251
Department of Plant Biology
260 Panama St.
Stanford, CA 94305
U.S.A.