protein tags

Nicolas Baumberger nbaumber at botinst.unizh.ch
Thu Nov 18 11:46:48 EST 1999

Dear netters,
I would be extremly interested to hear about experience in using protein
tags other than c-myc in plants.
Indeed I am planing to do a double tag construct to be able to detect
simultaneously two parts of my protein of interest and thus study the
fate of each of the domains. I already introduced a 6Xc-myc copy at one
end of the protein and I would introduce another tag at the other end. I
don't know which, if any, of the other tags commonly used in animal
biology has ever been used with success in plants (FLAG, HA, xHis...). I
would be grateful if somebody could give me some insights on this
subject.
Thanks

--
Nicolas Baumberger
Institute of Plant Biology, University of Zürich
Email: nbaumber at botinst.unizh.ch