Faculty Positions

Jeff Dangl dangl at email.unc.edu
Wed Nov 24 13:42:46 EST 1999

Hi again--

I want to again post the two job ads, one in Bioinformatics (very broadly
defined) and one in Plant Biology, which we currently have at UNC-CH and
which might interest the A.t. community.

For the Plant Biology job please NOTE that the deadline is Dec. 10 (not the
20th as in my original electronic posting). Mea culpa.

Thanks,

Jeff

University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Department of Biology

We are continuing to search for an outstanding candidate for a tenure track
position to join a growing, interactive plant biology group after July 1,
2000. This individual will use state of the art genetic, genomic,
molecular, biochemical and / or cellular approaches to address fundamental
question in plant cellular and / or developmental biology. Candidates must
have a PhD. and significant successful postdoctoral research experience.
Applications should include a curriculum vitae and concise descriptions of
current and future research directions and teaching interests. Applicants
should provide these items, and arrange for four letters of recommendation
to be sent to:

Chair, Plant Biology Search Committee
Dept. of Biology, CB#3280
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Chapel Hill, N.C. 27599-3280

We will begin reviewing applications December 10, 1999 and applications
completed by that date are assured consideration. The Department if Biology
is at: http://www.unc.edu/depts/biology/contents.html

The University of North Carolina is Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action
Employer and strongly encourages applications from women and minorities.

College of Arts and Sciences

Faculty position in Bioinformatics

As part of an ongoing University initiative in Genomics Science, the
College of Arts and Sciences at the University of North Carolina, Chapel
Hill, announces a tenure-track junior faculty position in bioinformatics.
A competitive salary and startup package is available for an appointment to
begin on or after July 1, 2000.

Requirements include a Ph.D. in biology, chemistry, statistics, math,
computer science or related discipline along with demonstrated research
excellence in bioinformatics.  Appointment or joint appointment will be in
the appropriate department(s) in the College of Arts and Sciences.

Send resume, concise research plans, and arrange for at least three letters
of reference to be sent to:	Search Committee for Bioinformatics
College of Arts and Sciences
CB 3100, South Building
University of North Carolina
Chapel Hill NC 27599-3100

see: http://www.cs.unc.edu/Info/Joining/Bioinformatics/
Applications completed by December 1, 1999 are guaranteed full consideration.

Jeff Dangl
Dept. of Biology, Curriculum in Genetics
108 Coker Hall CB#3280
University of North Carolina
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3280
Phone:   (919)-962-5624