anticytokinins

Pierre Lejeune Pierre.Lejeune at ulg.ac.be
Mon Oct 18 10:40:52 EST 1999

Hello Kim,

Did you try lovastatin? It is thought to inhibit zeatin synthesis in BY-2
cells (Laureys, F., Dewitte, W., Witters, E., Vanmontagu, M., InzÈ, D. and
Vanonckelen, H., (1998).  Zeatin is indispensable for the g(2)-m transition
in tobacco BY-2 cells.  FEBS Lett.  426, 29-32).
I think it is made by Merck Sharp & Dohm.
Be cautious though, since it is NOT a specific inhibitor of cytokinins but
of mevalonic acid.

Cheers,

--
Pierre Lejeune