Postdoc in Gene Silencing

Ian John Furner ijf at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk
Wed Sep 1 13:54:02 EST 1999

<x-html><!x-stuff-for-pete base="" src="" id="0"><HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Postdoc in Gene Silencing</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF">
 I have support for a postdoc position in my lab for three years. The
research area is Gene Silencing and Homology-Dependent Gene Silencing in
<I>Arabidopsis</I>. The project will involve generation and
characterisation of silencing related mutants, &nbsp;continuing studies of
existing mutants and and isolation of the <I>HOG1 </I>by map based
cloning.<BR>
&nbsp;Applicants should have a strong background in the molecular genetics
of <I>Arabidopsis</I> and practical experience with positional cloning
and/or BACs is desirable. The Salary is in the range £16,286-£24,479. Some
technical support is provided for in the grant.<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;Details of the Department and the group can be found at
http//www.gen.cam.ac.uk<BR>
<B>Applications, including a CV and details of two referees should be
addressed to Dr Ian Furner, Department of Genetics, University of
Cambridge, Downing Street, Cambridge, CB2 3EH, UK. e-mail
ijf at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk Fax +44(0)1223 333 992, by September 23.<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</B>Ian Furner
</BODY>
</HTML>