Sequence Table, a new feature from AtDB

Eva Huala huala at genome.stanford.edu
Wed Sep 1 17:16:16 EST 1999

   AtDB is pleased to announce Sequence Table, a new way to view
sequenced genomic clone and marker information.  In addition to
containing the data used to draw the Sequence Map, Sequence Table
includes the position of simple repeats within many of the sequenced
clones.  These simple repeats (strings of A, T or AT at least 30
nt in length) can be used to design new SSLP markers.

The entire Sequence Table is accessible from the Sequence Map
Overview and small sections of the Sequence Table can be accessed
from each closeup view.  To get to the Sequence Map Overview from
the AtDB home page (http://genome-www.stanford.edu/Arabidopsis/)
click on the Maps link in the left control bar and from the Maps
page click on AtDB's Sequence Map Overview.

The URL for the whole table (please allow some time to load) is:

  http://genome-www3.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/AtDB/Seqtable

For a single chromosome (faster to load) go to:

  http://genome-www3.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/AtDB/Seqtable?chr=1

Clicking on a simple repeat in the Sequence Table will bring up the
simple sequence along with about 100 nucleotides of flanking DNA
that could be used to design primers.  We have not tested these
simple sequences for polymorphisms between ecotypes.  Thanks to
Jeff Dangl for suggesting that we display simple sequences.

For more information about the Sequence Table go to the Help
page found at:

  http://genome-www.stanford.edu/Arabidopsis/help_seqtable

Please send comments to atdb-curator at genome.stanford.edu

Eva Huala