False positives with 2 HYBRID SCREENS

Frederik Boernke boernke at nospam.ipk-gatersleben.de
Fri Sep 3 10:18:46 EST 1999

Pietro Piffanelli wrote:

> Dear Arab-yeasts,
>
> I am currently screening for a number of baits using the LexA system. I
> am going through the painful process of trying to define which are false
> and true positives.  I would find very helpful to hear which false
> positives other researchers have found screening Arabidopsis and other
> plant cDNA libraries using the LexA 2HY system. I would appreciate your
> help in this regard and I  will post a summary table of responses in the
> net.
>
> Pietro Piffanelli
>
> The Sainsbury Laboratory
> J. Innes Centre
> Norwich
> UK
> piffan at bbsrc.ac.uk

Hi Pietro,

there is a little summary of the most common false positives at:

http://www.fccc.edu/research/labs/golemis/intro.html

We usually find HSPs and components of the cytosceleton which we
regard as false positives. However, even those sometimes
pass all the tests for speceficity of interaction but
they are just not those we are looking for.

hope this helps
Ricky

Frederik Boernke
Corrensstr. 3