AtDB's Ending

Sue Rhee rhee at genome.stanford.edu
Fri Sep 3 22:01:42 EST 1999

The Arabidopsis thaliana Database Project at Stanford University
(AtDB) officially ended on August 31, 1999. We would like to thank all
the users of AtDB for their support, criticism, and encouragement
throughout the last four years (1995-1999). It has been a pleasure
serving the Arabidopsis community. The following are some of our
highlights provided at AtDB:

**Sequence Map, Sequence Table, and AGI Progress -- up-to-date information
about the Arabidopsis Sequencing Project

**Unified Display of Physical Map -- combined display of physical maps
from a variety of sources

**BLAST, FASTA, Pattern Match, Restriction Analysis -- Sequence analysis
programs and servers with all available Arabidopsis sequence datasets

**Genetic maps -- up-to-date information on NASC's RI, Meinke's
Classic-Genetic, and Whittier's miRFLP maps

**GeneHunter -- a comprehensive searching tool for gene information

**Colleagues, References, Labs --Arabidopsis community information

**AIS, Weeds World, Protocols, Newsgroup archives --Searchable records
of communication among Arabidopsis researchers

Beginning September 1, the Arabidopsis database project will be
carried out by The Arabidopsis Information Resource (TAIR), a
collaborative effort between the Carnegie Institution of Washington
Department of Plant Biology at Stanford, California, and the National
Center for Genome Resources (NCGR) at Santa Fe, New Mexico.  The
curators of AtDB will continue as curators at TAIR. The principal
investigators for TAIR are Chris Somerville of the Carnegie
Institution and Bruno Sobral of NCGR.

We will do our best to ensure that the transition from AtDB to TAIR
will not negatively affect the users. The interfaces and database will
change gradually and with ample notice.

We will be using this mailing list and AtDB homepage to announce the
transition of AtDB at Stanford to TAIR at NCGR.

If you have any questions or concerns during this transition period,
please contact atdb-curator at genome.stanford.edu

Best wishes,

Mike Cherry -PI
Gail Binkley -DBA
Deverie Bongard-Pierce -Curator
Marga Garcia-Hernandez -Curator
Eva Huala -Curator
Sue Rhee -Curator
Mark Schroeder -SA
Shuai Weng -Programmer

Sue Rhee	                 rhee at genome.stanford.edu
AtDB Curator			 http://genome-www.stanford.edu/
Dept. of Genetics                FAX: +1-650-723 7016
School of Medicine               Tel: +1-650-725-3125
Stanford University
Stanford
CA 94305-5120
U.S.A.