Ph.D. job opening at Celera AgGen

Marta Matvienko matvienko at 2xtreme.net
Mon Sep 20 10:41:03 EST 1999

Ph.D. Scientist
Celera AgGen

Celera AgGen is the Agricultural Division of Celera Genomics.  Celera
Genomics is the division of PE Corporation (formerly the Perkin-Elmer
Corporation).

Celera AgGen is located in Davis, California.  We are a quickly growing
company, with current enrolment of about 80 employees.  The Company
offers excellent benefits to its employees.
The City of Davis (54K population) is a great place to live.  Davis is
home to the University of California at Davis. To the east lie Lake
Tahoe and the Sierra Nevada Mountains; to the west are the San Francisco
Bay area, the great coastal redwood forest, and the beaches and rugged
shores of the Pacific Ocean.

Currently we are looking for a highly skilled Ph.D. level molecular
biologist for our Genomics Division.  It is a bench position with the
following expectations from candidates:

Strong knowledge of molecular genetics and excellent laboratory bench
skills
Experience working with plants is desirable
Ability to plan, analyze and troubleshoot the experiments
Tolerance to routine parts of experiments
Ability to handle few projects simultaneously
Positive view of the scientific progress and job market situation as
well as a general sense of humor

Minimal qualification is a Ph.D. in molecular genetics or related
fields.  Postdoctoral experience is desirable.

If you find yourself to be a qualified candidate please submit your CV
with list of skills to:

Marta Matvienko
Celera AgGen
1756 Picasso Avenue
Davis, CA 95616

You may also fax to 530/297-3027, or email me at matviema at pebio.com

Celera AgGen is an equal opportunity employer.  M/F/D/V.  Drug Free
Environment with pre-employment testing.