Amplification of two-hybrid library

Demetra Elias eliasdemetra at
Mon Sep 27 10:44:13 EST 1999

I have a two-hybrid lambda cDNA library that is getting old and which I
would like to amplify. The library was amplified originally from 36 million
independent clones so I want to plate 100 million clones to amplify. This
would require 2000 plates if plating 50 000 plaques per plate. I am
considering two things:
      1) to amplify the library by plating with a high density
      2) to amplify the library by growing the phage in liquid
If any one has any suggestions please let me know.

Thank you