What is bionet.genome.arabidopsis?

Leszek Kleczkowski leszek at sun.fysbot.umu.se
Wed Sep 29 14:01:39 EST 1999

I have noticed that bionet.genome.arabidopsis serves mainly as an
announcement board and there are no follow-ups to specific questions
sometimes posted on the list.  For instance, few weeks ago I posted a
question about ways to kill aphids eating up Arabidopsis plants.  Via
private e-mail I've received over 20 responses, very helpful, I think, to
anybody facing aphid attacks.  I received also a couple of letters from
researchers requesting to forward them the responses that I received,
since they had encountered similar problems with aphids.

My question is whether direct responses to posted questions, discussions
are encouraged on bga or should they be contained to private e-mail
exchanges?

Regards
Leszek A. Kleczkowski
--