Arab genome questions

Karen S. Browning kbrowning at mail.utexas.edu
Mon Apr 10 14:02:32 EST 2000

Arab Genome persons,

I am looking at genes of interest to me in the database.  I have come across
a 500 bp region that lies ~400 bp upstream of one of my genes (in chrom III)
to have an exact match to a region in chromasomes I, IV and V. As best I can
tell there is not any other similar gene in these chromasomes.  Any clues as
to what this upstream element may be?

When will the rest of the genome be finished.  I am still missing a couple
of genes that I have cDNAs for?  Thank you,

Dr. Karen S. Browning
Assistant Professor
University of Texas
Austin, TX  78712