meeting announcement

Eric Richards richards at biology.wustl.edu
Fri Apr 21 14:57:23 EST 2000

You are invited to attend the seventh FASEB Summer Research Conference on
"Mechanisms in Plant Development" to be held August 12-17, 2000 at the
Vermont Academy in Saxtons River, Vermont.  The program of the conference
is detailed below and will focus on recent advances in many areas of plant
development, including evolution of developmental mechanisms and
epigenetics.  Formal sessions are limited to mornings and evenings so as to
encourage interactions among attendees. The conference will be limited to
165 participants, so we encourage you to apply early.

There will be two poster sessions and, based on abstract submissions,
presenters of selected posters will be invited to give short talks.

Applications to the conference can be made on-line at
http://www.faseb.org/meetings/

PROGRAM:

Co-chairs:  Vivian Irish and Eric Richards

Keynote Address:	Cliff Tabin (Harvard University)
	Vertebrate Limb Development

Session I:  Gametogenesis / Embryogenesis
	John Harada (University of California, Davis)
	Gerd Jurgens (University of Tuebingen)
	Chuck Gasser (University of California, Davis)
	Gregory Zinkl (University of Chicago)

Session II:  Root Development
	Frans de Bruijn (Michigan State University)
	Ben Scheres (University of Utrecht)
	John Schiefelbein (University of Michigan)

Session III:  Shoot Development I:  Meristems
	Kathy Barton (University of Wisconsin)
	Steve Clark (University of Michigan)
	Sarah Hake (USDA Plant Gene Expression Center)
	Detlef Weigel (Salk Institute)

Session IV:  Shoot Development II:  Morphogenesis
	Scott Poethig (University of Pennsylvania)
	Jane Langdale (University of Oxford)
	David Marks (University of Minnesota)
	Chris Kuhlemeier (University of Berne)

Session V: Evolution and Development
	Vivian Irish (Yale University)
	John Doebley (University of Wisconsin)
	Michael Donoghue (Harvard University)
	David Baum (Harvard University)
	Enrico Coen (John Innes Institute)

Session VI: Signaling
	Ottoline Leyser (University of York)
	Joe Ecker (University of Pennsylvania)
	Jianming Li (University of Michigan)

Session VII:  Responses to the Environment
	Mannie Liscum (University of Missouri)
	Joanne Chory (Salk Institute)
	Steve Kay (Scripps Institute)

Session VIII:  Epigenetics / Chromatin
	Jean Finnegan (CSIRO)
	Ueli Grossniklaus (Frederick Meischer Institute)
	Karen Cone (University of Missouri)

Session IX:  Emerging Technologies
	Rob Martienssen (Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory)
	Eric Richards (Washington University)