BAC methylation

csc un691cs at genius.embnet.dkfz-heidelberg.de
Wed Aug 2 01:39:40 EST 2000

On 1 Aug 2000, Chunxin Wang wrote:

-Hi, all:
-
-Does anybody know if the BAC DNA is methylated or not? One of my labmates
-is trying to subclone one BAC into a binary vector. He cut the BAC with
-Cla I, but it does not give rise to the right predicted digestion pattern.
-He suspected that some sequences around Cla I sites has been methylated.
-Is it true?

ClaI is such a crappy enzyme, that I gave up using it years ago. Can't you
switch to another enzyme. If not, read the sheet about ClaI very
carefully, or try the enzyme from different vendors.

Kind regards,                                Clemens Suter-Crazzolara