Faculty Positions at Texas A&M

Tom McKnight mcknight at bio.tamu.edu
Fri Aug 4 18:15:57 EST 2000

Colleagues,

Below is an announcement that will appear shortly in Science for three
tenure-track faculty positions in the Department of Biology at Texas A&M
University.  We have writen the ad as broadly as possible, but personally, I
hope that at least one of these positions will be filled by a plant
scientist.

Tom McKnight

FACULTY POSITIONS IN BIOLOGY
Texas A&M University

    As part of a University-wide expansion of life sciences at Texas A&M, the
Department of Biology invites applications for THREE TENURE-TRACK FACULTY
POSITIONS. We seek outstanding individuals addressing fundamental biological
questions in their research. Genomics/bioinformatics and integrative biology
are areas of special interest, but any scientist using innovative approaches
to study model systems is encouraged to apply.
    Successful candidates will be expected to establish a vigorous,
extramurally funded research program and to be active in undergraduate and
graduate teaching. We anticipate that the positions will be filled at the
level of Assistant Professor, but exceptional candidates will be considered
for appointment at a higher academic rank. Applicants should submit a
curriculum vitae, statement of research and teaching interests, and three
letters of recommendation to: Biology Search Committee, Department of
Biology, Texas A&M University, 3258 TAMU, College Station, TX 77843.
Information about our department can be found at www.bio.tamu.edu. Review of
applications will begin on September 15, 2000, and continue until the
positions are filled. Texas A&M is an Equal Opportunity Employer.