Plant Physiology call for papers

Sue Wessler sue at dogwood.botany.uga.edu
Tue Aug 22 19:45:41 EST 2000

PLANT PHYSIOLOGY

Published by the American Society of Plant Physiologists

August 22, 2000

Vicki Chandler  (chandler at ag.arizona.edu)

Susan Wessler   (sue at dogwood.botany.uga.edu)

Associate Editors

Dear Colleagues:

The Grasses are the most important plants for human sustenance.  With
the accelerated sequencing of the rice genome, the strength of the
maize genetics community and the expanding studies on the genomes of
sorghum, barley and wheat, the grass clade has emerged as a collective
model plant system to stand beside Arabidopsis.

It is for these reasons that the March 2001 issue of
Plant Physiology will be devoted largely
to papers on The Grasses.  We are looking for excellent research
articles that highlight how The Grasses can be used to address
fundamental biological questions.  We also hope to include several
articles with a special emphasis on comparative studies among the
grasses. In addition to primary research articles, this special issue
will also contain invited reviews and updates of select research areas.

As the first special issue of its kind, we hope that those working on
grass genome evolution, physiology, cell biology, biochemistry and host
pathogen interactions will consider submitting an exciting study for
review. Please let us know within the next few weeks if you think you
will be able to put together a research article to contribute.  The
research articles will be peer reviewed. To be published in the
March 2001 issue of Plant Physiology the paper has to be accepted and
revised by December 24, 2000.  Thus, we would
need to receive your submission by early November.  Please contact
either of us with questions about this issue.

Sincerely,

Susan R. Wessler

Vicki L. Chandler