symposium "Frontiers in Sexual Plant Reproduction"

Dmitry Belostotsky dab at csc.albany.edu
Wed Aug 30 12:36:56 EST 2000

         Dear colleagues,

        We are writing to invite you to join us in an upcoming symposium
"Frontiers in Sexual Plant Reproduction", in honor of Professor's Joseph

Mascarenhas 70th birthday.  Many of us in plant biology, especially in
plant sexual reproduction, know Joseph as a pioneer in the field, a
champion for its advancement, a mentor and a friend. This symposium is
an occasion that we as a scientific community and the SUNY Albany campus

takes to honor and celebrate Joseph's many accomplishments and
contributions.

        The symposium will be held at the University at Albany uptown
campus, Albany, New York, USA, from Sat. Oct. 28, 8:30 a.m. to Sun. Oct.

29, 5 p.m.. We would like to invite you to participate in this meeting
and share your most recent research with your colleagues.  Participants
are encouraged to submit an abstract and present a poster.

        Preliminary program and information on registration, abstracts,
lodging and travel is posted at the
http://www.albany.edu/faculty/dab/fspr.html.

        We hope you will join us and look forward to seeing you in
Albany.

        The organizers:

   Dmitry Belostotsky, University at Albany
   Alice Cheung, University of Massachusetts, Amherst
   Celestina Mariani, Catholic University of Nijmegen, Netherlands

Dmitry A. Belostotsky
Assistant Professor
Department of Biological Sciences        Tel. (518) 442 4368, FAX  (518)
442 4767
State University of New York at Albany   E-mail dab at csc.albany.edu
1400 Washington Ave., Albany, NY, 12222  Homepage
http://www.albany.edu/faculty/dab/