TAIR's New Database Search and Comprehensive Map Viewer

Sue Rhee rhee at acoma.Stanford.EDU
Thu Aug 31 15:06:35 EST 2000

Dear Arabidopsis researchers,

We are pleased to announce a beta version of TAIR database and the
first version of TAIR Map Viewer.

TAIR DB SEARCH: http://arabidopsis.org/search/
TAIR MAP VIEWER: http://arabidopsis.org/servlets/mapper
TAIR HOME PAGE: http://arabidopsis.org/

The Database Search Page will allow you to search the database for
genetic markers, clones, genes, and maps. Each data type has advanced
search pages, where you will be able to customize your search using
more parameters including map positions. Each query page allows you to
perform either a simple search (i.e. by name) or formulate advanced
queries (eg. selecting by map location).

The TAIR Map Viewer will allow you to search,browse and align multiple
map types for each chromosome. Clones, markers and other map elements
from the TAIR DB are shown on the appropriate maps and each element is
hyperlinked to a detail page generated from the database.

Please note that the database is still under development, and there
may be some glitches. We are currently curating and populating
sequence and genome annotation data and thus the gene information is
very minimal. Please let us know if you find any glitches in the
interface, suggestions for improvement, and/or any errors in the
data. You can contact us at:

		curator at arabidopsis.org.

Please see our Release Notes for a list of known bugs and
functionalities under development for our next release.

DB Release Note:
http://arabidopsis.org/search/rel_01beta.html

Map Viewer Release Note:
http://arabidopsis.org/search/map_rel_01beta.html

Best,
The TAIR TEAM
Carnegie Institution of Washington, Deptartment of Plant Biology
National Center for Genome Resources