Doctoral position in Germany

Nobody nobody at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
Thu Aug 31 12:02:15 EST 2000

We have an opening for a doctoral student to conduct research in
the field of Arabidopsis Genetics and Molecular Biology at the
University of D=FCsseldorf, Germany. The position is available
immediately. We are interested in understanding light signal
transduction in plants and have recently cloned a gene that is involved
in phytochrome A signalling in Arabidopsis (Science 284, 496 (1999)).
This gene encodes a WD-repeat protein with similarity to protein
kinases. It is the goal of the project to examine the molecular
functions of this protein, to identify interaction partners and to
conduct a genetic screen for new mutants affected in light signalling.

If you are interested in this project, and highly motivated and
dedicated to research, please send an application to:

Dr. Ute Hoecker
Institut fuer Entwicklungs- und Molekularbiologie der Pflanzen
Heinrich-Heine-University, Geb. 26.03.02
Universitaetsstr. 1
40225 Duesseldorf
Germany
Tel: (0211) 81-14953